Cansbridge Fellowship - reflections and job search



Hello!


Wow, it's been a long while since I have written on this blog. I guess a lot went down, and I got very carried away. Over the last months, I have gone through a few waves. Ups and downs. Downs were no different than the ones described in the last blog, but up's... I have got a lot to say.

Around August, or September last year, I decided I was going to apply for the Cansbridge Fellowship as a "learning experience." I was 120% sure I wasn't going to get selected due to the fact that I am still a U1. It's not uncommon for them to want to select higher years, which makes sense, since they'd benefit more out of the internship in Asia given the skills that they have. But December rolled around, and after an application and three interviews, I was in. I was IN! I honestly couldn't believe it myself either. I was studying for my last final (Chee 231, which is Statistics) when I got the call from Ross Kelly. I was shocked, and I wanted to cry. I immediately called everyone who knew about the fellowship to tell them about the news. It took me at least two weeks after that to process the fact that I was in, to be honest. I decided to do nothing related to the job search during my Christmas break, since I'd be home and I wanted to spend all the time that I had with my family and friends. And I didn't. Good for me, I'm getting better at not being 12000% workaholic.

Fast forward, in January, February, I'm getting stressed over finding jobs and school. Seriously, this job search thing turns out to be harder than I thought. I really did underestimate the process, a mistake I hope to not make again. Around three weeks ago, I got my first offer from Esri Indonesia. It's a california-based geoimaging company. Today, I got contacted to do a skype call with a market-entry business in Shanghai called Saimen. I am very excited as to where God wants to take me this summer, and wherever it is, I know He will be with me and I know that I will definitely learn a whole lot from it.

There were a lot of things that I have had to learn over the past months, from lessons of patience (stuck through transfer in airports for four days!), to letting go (of toxic relationships) to not underestimating things like job search. I feel like I have grown, not just into a happier person, but also a more thankful and patient individual.

I also just went to New York last week, where I got a chance to see Sam, Kim and Hawon. Fun times. I love them all very dearly. It's hard to believe around the 27th next month, I will be on my way to San Francisco once again, getting ready for the CB experience 2.0 and a trip in the U.S. Hopefully it all works out well!

Until then, take care.

Pictures from NYC:
http://vsco.co/ponhneath/images/1

Love,
Neath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CIMB ASEAN Scholarship - Khmer

What about my PASSIONS? Here's how I have been trying to maintain them!