What I wish I had known before I started narrowing down my colleges

What I wish I had known before I started narrowing down my colleges


1. "Full scholarship" still means board, room fees and other expenses (so beware!)
2. There are 3 times of admission process:
- rolling (all the time)
- early action and early decision
-regular
3. There are 3 times of admission decision:
-accepted
-rejected
-deferred (if applied early)
4. If you are an international student,

EducationUSA provides useful counselling (and sometimes, fundings)

5.Start registering for standardized tests early... because sometimes, the seats do run out!
6.Make use of your score reports and don't waste all dem 14$x4 free score reports. You will need that money for other things, trust me. (like TOEFL, retakes..)
7.Always have safe schools, reach schools and fall-back schools
8.Know your limits
9.Learn evaluate yourself (without being too mean, of course!)
10. Read threads on College Confidential BUT while keeping in mind that most of them are US citizens. Just read it for infos on admissions and tips
11. Get College Confidential's college free advising book. It's concise and easy to read.
12. Learn to make a resume and write convincing essays.. you will have to have those when applying for scholarships and aids
13. Learn about your opponents (who are you competing against for the scholarship?)

Last but not least,
14. Ask for help/advising .. from me or anyone else you know.. or an alumni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cansbridge Fellowship - reflections and job search

CIMB ASEAN Scholarship - Khmer

What about my PASSIONS? Here's how I have been trying to maintain them!