What to do the summer before your Senior year?




     So I decided around december that I wanted to apply for internships. I started putting my resume together and even asked for 2 letter of recommendations. I also wrote a personal interest statement just in case. Then... I emailed them out to different organizations which I will not mention. Fast forward, 2 months later I got calls from 2 different work places for an interview (which I totally should have prepared for).

Buuuttt I ended up doing well on the interview and luckily got the job. A m i r a c l e. With that being said, I am currently interning at FTSS (food testing lab) and CCF (Cambodia's Children Fund).

That was my experience, though. You could choose:

Feeling productive?
1) You could work or intern
2) You could fill in your FAFSA or financial aid stuff
3) You could start on your college essays before developing senioritis (it's real)
4) Write a blog
5) Find a new interest
6) Learn how to cook .. or hunt.
7) Learn Taekwando?


Feeling unproductive?
8) Travel to somewhere new, write a blog
9) Visit your grandparents
10) Work at a fun place..

Here are some other general tips:
- If you want to work, start preparing for it early! Ask for letter of recomendations because some work places require that.
- Find out where you want to apply for the job and then mention about the specific role you can play at their place, that way, they can see how you can benefit them better.
-Feel free to just not do anything, come on, it's summer. You get to decide what you want to do.

Alright, see ya later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cansbridge Fellowship - reflections and job search

CIMB ASEAN Scholarship - Khmer

What about my PASSIONS? Here's how I have been trying to maintain them!